Although you are free to make comments at any time or day, moderating and posting of comments on this site will occur during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
By contributing your comments you:
• give permission for the comments to be made public and affirm that they represent your own work;
• acknowledge that your comments will be reviewed and may not be accepted;
• give the Catholic Courier the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and in any media;
• agree not to post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by the Catholic Courier in its sole discretion; and
• agree to indemnify the Catholic Courier against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to material you have posted.
Submitted comments should:
• relate substantially to specific articles;
• be respectful, refraining from personal attacks, name calling, sarcasm and assumptions about others' motivations;
• not attack the church or advocate positions clearly in conflict with church teaching;
• contribute constructively to dialog;
• express opinions rather than engaging in theological exposition;
• refrain from line-by-line critique of another’s statements;
• avoid shouting (no all-caps or multiple exclamation points);
• not contain private or personally identifiable information, such as Social Security number, phone numbers, or email addresses in the body of your comment. If you voluntarily include personally identifiable information in your comment, that comment may or may not be posted. If your comment is posted, such personal information will not be redacted or removed. In no circumstances will comments be posted that contain Social Security numbers, addresses, email address or phone numbers;
• contain no promotional or commercial references or spam;
• contain no links that lead away from this site; and
• contain no inappropriate, vulgar, or abusive language or material.
Comments not closely related to a specific article should be submitted as letters to the editor.
This website is not to be used to report criminal activity. If you have information for law enforcement, please contact your local police agency.
The Catholic Courier reserves the right, but is not obligated to, do any or all of the following: edit, remove or decline to post comments that fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions; delete any communications posted herein, regardless of whether such comments violate these standards.
The views expressed or posted on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of the Catholic Courier or its affiliates, employees, or directors or those of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester, NY. The Catholic Courier does not guarantee or warrant that any comment made by outside individuals or entities is correct and disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on any such information. This website may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy. The Catholic Courier reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.