Again this year, the Catholic Courier is presenting a coloring contest for children ages 3 to 12. There will be five age categories: 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12. Children are asked to do their best coloring of the scene provided and then submit their finished work. We will then invite visitors to the Courier website to vote for the best-colored scene in each age category. The young artist receiving the most votes in each age category will win a prize. In addition, the Courier staff will select its favorite submission in each age category and award a prize to each of those young artists as well.
We will begin accepting entries for the contest on Monday, Nov. 1, 2021.
The Coloring Contest is open to children ages 3 to 12 only.
To enter, children must follow these instructions:
- Print and color the Nativity scene. (Click here or at the photo below to print picture)
- Take a photo of your colored picture and email the photo with the subject line “Coloring Contest” to Newsroom@CatholicCourier.com. (Unfortunately, we are unable to accept entries by mail.) Please include age, full name and what parish and/or Catholic school you attend.
- The deadline to submit colored pictures is Monday, Nov. 22, 2021, at 5 p.m. Photos will not be accepted after Nov. 22, 2021.
- To be eligible to win a prize, children must reside in one of the Diocese of Rochester’s 12 counties (Cayuga, Chemung, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne and Yates).
- Starting at noon on Monday, Nov. 29, 2021, visitors to the Catholic Courier’s website will have the opportunity to vote for the best image in each age category.
- Visitors may vote once a day in each age category during the contest term.
- The last day to vote for the best artwork is Dec. 10, 2021.
- Winners will be notified the week of Dec. 13, 2021. All entries will appear in the Courier’s 2021 Advent Calendar.