Adoration chapel in Elmira is relocated
The perpetual-adoration chapel in Elmira, located at St. Casimir Church since its founding in 1992, has moved a short distance away effective Dec. 1.
According to Rose Marie McLaughlin, head coordinator, this move became necessary due to water issues in the church basement where the chapel was previously situated. It is now housed at 1012 Davis Street, in a former nun’s chapel and just across the parking lot from St. Casimir. The chapel is one of only two perpetual-adoration sites in the Southern Tier; the other is on the campus of St. Ann Church in Hornell.