This is the recipe for Artichoke French:
1 can of artichoke hearts (packed in water)
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. of parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp. of water
Juice of two lemons
1 stick of salted butter (softened)
2 Tbsp. of heavy cream
1/2 cup of cooking sherry
2 cups of vegetable oil
1. Drain and halve the artichokes and set aside
2. Chop parsley
3. Make the egg wash; crack the three eggs into a small bowl. Add the parmesan cheese, parsley and water. Mix well.
4. In a large frying pan, put the oil and begin to heat over medium heat.
5. Put the flour into a small shallow baking pan. Dredge the artichoke in the flour and then into the egg wash. Check the temperature of the oil by dropping a little of the egg wash into the hot oil. If the egg immediately floats to the top of the oil, then the oil is ready.
6. Carefully drop the egg covered artichokes into the hot oil and brown on both sides.
7.When they are lightly browned remove from oil and place on serving tray.
Sauce: Place a medium sized shallow frying pan on the burner until it is very hot. Remove from the burner and add the sherry. Return to the burner and slightly turn the edge of the pan toward the flame until the sherry ignites. Burn off the alcohol. When the fire extinguishes itself, add pats of the softened (room temperature) butter with a whisk. Add lemon and cream. Immediately, pour over the artichokes. Garnish with extra parsley and lemon. Serve immediately.