Bishop Salvatore R. Matano has announced the following pastoral appointments, which already have taken effect unless otherwise noted:
* Father Thomas Akowuah to parochial vicar, Holy Ghost/St. Jude/St. Helen, Gates.
* Father Ronald Antinarelli from parochial administrator at Our Lady of Victory/St. Joseph Parish, Rochester, to pastor of same, effective May 22.
* Father Frederick Asuming from assisting priest at St. Columba, Caledonia; St. Vincent DePaul, Churchville; and St. Mary of the Assumption, Scottsville; to chaplain at Strong Memorial and Highland hospitals, and assisting priest with one Mass at St. Agnes, Avon, St. Paul of the Cross, Honeoye Falls and St. Rose, Lima.
* Father Theodore Auble from assisting priest at Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Brockport to assisting priest at St. Columba, Caledonia; St. Vincent DePaul, Churchville; and St. Mary of the Assumption, Scottsville.
* Father Paul Bonacci to parochial administrator, St. Pius Tenth, Chili (effective June 24), from pastor, Schuyler Catholic Community.
* Father Michael Brown from assisting priest at Ss. Mary and Martha and Sacred Heart Parish, Auburn, and St. Ann, Owasco, to assisting priest at, Sacred Heart Parish, Auburn and St. Ann, Owasco, concurrent with chaplaincy at New York State Correctional Facilities in the Diocese of Rochester.
* Father Scott Caton from assisting priest at Blessed Sacrament and St. Boniface parishes, Rochester, and Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Brockport, to assisting priest at St. Lawrence, Greece.
* Father Lee Chase to parochial administrator, St. Lawrence, Greece, following the April 26 retirement of Father Frank Falletta, pastor.
* Father Sergio Chavez, being ordained June 21, 2014, to first assignment as parochial vicar, at St. Joseph and Holy Spirit parishes, Penfield, effective August 15.
* Father Peter Clifford to pastor, St. John of Rochester, Fairport.
* Father Brian Cool to director of campus ministry at Rochester Institute of Technology, concurrent with same duties at the University of Rochester.
* Father Michael Costik from graduate studies to parochial vicar, Church of the Assumption and Church of the Resurrection, Fairport.
* Father Hoan Dinh to pastor, St. Matthew, Livonia/St. Mary, Honeoye.
* Father John Gagnier to pastor, St. Peter, Manchester/Phelps/Clifton Springs.
* Father John Hayes to pastor, St. Columba, Caledonia/St. Vincent de Paul, Churchville/St. Mary of the Assumption, Scottsville (effective June 24), from parochial vicar, Our Lady of the Lakes, Finger Lakes.
* Father Stanley Kacprzak to pastor, St. Benedict, Canandaigua/East Bloomfield.
* Father William Laird to pastor, St. Katharine Drexel, Palmyra/Macedon.
* Father Steve Lape to pastor, Schuyler Catholic Community (effective June 24), from assisting priest, St. Columba, Caledonia/St. Vincent de Paul, Churchville/St. Mary of the Assumption, Scottsville.
* Father Frank Lioi to pastor, Ss. Mary and Martha, Auburn (effective June 24), serving concurrently with his pastorate at St. Mary, Auburn.
* Father Bernard Maloney, OFM Cap to pastor, St. James, Trumansburg, beginning Aug. 15. He replaces Father John Tokaz, OFM Cap, who will be transferred to Jamaica Plain, Mass., by his order to begin his work as a formator at the post-novitiate community.
* Father Joseph McCaffrey to pastor, Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Brockport (effective June 24), from pastor, Catholic Community of the Blessed Trinity, Wolcott/Red Creek/Fair Haven.
* Deacon Robert McCormick to temporary administrator, Our Lady of the Valley, Hornell/Rexville, during pastor Father Peter Anglaare’s two-month leave, which began April 28.
* Father Kevin McKenna to rector, Sacred Heart Cathedral.
* Father William Michatek to parochial administrator, St. Maximilian Kolbe, Ontario, during the sabbatical of Father Symon Peter Ntaiyia (Sept. 9-Dec.30, 2014).
* Father William Moorby to pastor, Good Shepherd Catholic Community, Cayuga County (effective June 24), replacing Father Richard Shatzel, who is retiring.
* Father Peter Morello to assisting priest, Our Lady of the Valley, Hornell/Rexville.
* Father Thomas Mull to pastor, Our Lady of Peace, Geneva.
* Father Anthony Nketiah from parochial vicar, Assumption, Fairport, to parochial vicar, Blessed Sacrament and St. Boniface parishes, Rochester.
* Father Francis Nwaiwu to parochial vicar, St. Benedict, Canandaigua, from May 31 to July 31, 2014.
* Father Edward Palumbos to pastor, Church of the Resurrection, Fairport (effective June 24), concurrent with his pastorate at Church of the Assumption, Fairport.
* Father Leo Reinhardt to pastor, Our Lady of the Lakes, Finger Lakes.
* Father James Schwartz to pastor, Holy Spirit, Penfield (effective June 24), replacing Father P. Frederick Helfrich, who is retiring; appointment is concurrent with the pastorate at St. Joseph, Penfield.
* Father Felician Sierotowicz to chaplain, New York state correctional facilities in the Rochester Diocese.
* Father Edison Tayag from parochial vicar, St. Charles Borromeo Parish and Holy Name parishes, Greece, to pastor, Blessed Trinity, Wolcott.
* Father David Tedesche from graduate studies to parochial vicar, St. Mary and Ss. Mary and Martha parishes, Auburn.
* Father Paul Tomasso to pastor, Our Mother of Sorrows, Greece.
* Father Thomas Valenti to parochial administrator, Blessed Trinity/St. Patrick, Owego, from service outside the diocese.
* Father Peter VanLieshout, being ordained June 21, 2014, to graduate studies.Tags: Diocesan Appointments