WASHINGTON — Here is a selection of recent releases that might be suitable for your spiritual reading during Lent:
* The Essentials of Catholic Spirituality: Living and Breathing Our Faith by Father Joseph F. Classen. Alba House (Staten Island, N.Y., 2012). 197 pp., $12.95.
* Rediscover Lent by Matthew Kelly. St. Anthony Messenger Press (Cincinnati, 2011). 146 pp., $9.99.
* The Sacred Heart for Lent: Daily Meditations by Thomas D. Williams. St. Anthony Messenger Press (Cincinnati, 2011). 118 pp., $12.99.
* Simplifying the Soul: Lenten Practices to Renew Your Spirit by Paula Huston. Ave Maria Press (Notre Dame, Ind., 2011). 192 pp., $14.95.
* A Place at the Table: 40 Days of Solidarity with the Poor by Chris Seay. Baker Books (Ada., Mich., 2012). 208 pp., $13.99.
* Lent with the Saints: Daily Reflections by Greg Friedman, OFM. St. Anthony Messenger Press (Cincinnati, 2011). 96 pp., $3.99.
* A Cardinal Newman Prayer Book: Heart to Heart by John Henry Newman, with foreword by Cyril O’Regan. Ave Maria Press (Notre Dame, Ind., 2011). 288 pp., $15.95.
* A Year with the Angels: Daily Meditations with the Messengers of God by Mike Aquilina. St. Benedict Press (Charlotte, N.C., 2011). 365 pp., $44.95.
* 5 Minutes with Christ: Spiritual Nourishment for Busy Teachers, edited by Lou DelFra, CSC, and Ann Primus Berends. Ave Maria Press (Notre Dame, Ind., 2011). 207 pp., $12.95.
* What the Saints Said About Heaven: 101 Holy Insights About Everlasting Life by Ronda Chervin, Richard Ballard and Ruth Ballard. TAN Books (Charlotte, N.C., 2011). 244 pp., $12.95.
* Grace Notes by Brian Doyle. ACTA Publications (Chicago, 2011). 150 pp., $14.95.
* Homegrown Faith: Nurturing Your Catholic Family by Heidi Bratton. Servant Books (Cincinnati, 2011). 196 pp., $15.99.
* Legacy of Love: Biblical Wisdom for Parenting Teens and Young Adults by Kimberly Hahn. Servant Books (Cincinnati, 2011). 247 pp., $14.99.
* Happiness by Joan Chittister. Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing (Grand Rapids, Mich., 2011). 244 pp., $20.
* Looking for Answers Through Dirty Glasses: Finding the Divine in a Challenging World by Matt Kuntz. CreateSpace (Seattle, 2011). 169 pp., $11.99.