This is the recipe for Christmas Butter Cutout Cookies with Buttercream Frosting:
For the Cookies:
1 cup softened butter
2 cups flour (plus extra for rolling out dough)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 lb. confectioners sugar (roughly 3 & 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup softened butter
3-4 tablespoons milk (more if frosting is too thick)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Red sugar sprinkles
1. Pre-heat to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until dough forms. Then form dough into a ball.
3. Dust rolling surface with flour. Dust some flour onto rolling pin as well. Roll dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness.
4. Cut cookies with cookie cutters of your choice. Dip cookie cutters in flour before each use.
5. Carefully place the cutout cookies onto ungreased baking pan.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes (bake longer if needed).
7. Cool cookies on cooling rack before decorating.
1. In mixing bowl, put confectioner sugar, butter, vanilla and milk. Mix on low speed.
1. Use food coloring to change color of frosting.
2. Spread frosting onto cookie and decorate with sprinkles.