The Diocese of Rochester will offer a series of information sessions in the new year about permanent deacon formation.
The sessions will provide an overview of the five-year application and formation process. Interested individuals also will learn about the time commitment required and may ask additional questions about the ministry.
Eligible applicants are men who are at least 35 years old and will not be more than 62 years old at the time of ordination; are active in their faith; demonstrate a record of community service; are in good health; are emotionally mature; and are stable in their professional and personal relationships. They may be single or married.
Sessions, which begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted, will be held at the following locations:
* Jan. 14: Holy Spirit, Penfield
* Jan. 28: St. Mark, Greece
* Feb. 11: St. Mary, Bath (O’Malley Hall)
* Feb. 17: Church of the Assumption, Fairport (Parish Living Room)
* March 3: St. Pius Tenth, Chili (school)
* March 5: 1 p.m., All Saints, Lansing
* March 10: St. Mary of the Lake, Watkins Glen
* April 6: Church of the Transfiguration, Pittsford
For more information, contact Deacon John Brasley, director of deacon personnel and deacon formation, at 585-328-3228, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.