The following is a sampling of Sept. 11 commemorative events, based on an informal survey by the Catholic Courier.
* On Sept. 11, Bishop Matthew H. Clark will preside at a special Mass in Sacred Heart Cathedral, 296 Flower City Park, Rochester. The Mass will begin at 8:46 a.m., the precise moment the first hijacked jet crashed into the World Trade Center in New York.
* “The F Word: Images of Forgiveness” exhibit will be shown at six locations throughout the diocese: School of the Arts, 45 Prince St., Rochester — Sept. 9-10 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Bausch & Lomb Wintergarden, 1 Bausch Place, Rochester — Sept. 12-14 from 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sacred Heart Cathedral, 296 Flower City Park, Rochester — Sept. 15-16 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sept. 17 from 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m.; Nazareth College’s Shults Center, 4245 East Ave., Pittsford — Sept. 19-21 from 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Hobart and William Smith Colleges’ Warren Hunting Smith Library, 337 Pulteney St., Geneva — Sept. 26-28, call 315/781-3549 for exhibit hours; and First Baptist Church, DeWitt Park, Ithaca — Sept. 23 from noon-5 p.m. and Sept. 24 from noon-3 p.m.
* St. Mary Parish, Waterloo, will hold a 7 p.m. Prayer for Peace service Sept. 11 at the church, 25 Center St.
* The Dryden Fire Department will hold a 7 p.m. memorial service Sept. 11 on the Village Green in Dryden.
* During the 10:30 a.m. Mass Sept. 10 at St. Helen Church, 310 Hinchey Road, Gates, those who died in the terrorist attacks will be remembered, and those who serve the public and keep it safe will be honored.
* St. Vincent de Paul, 11 N. Main St., Churchville, will hold an evening of reflection Sept. 11 titled “Harvest Soup for the Soul.” It will begin with a soup supper at 6 p.m., followed by Father Raymond Fleming’s presentation “Where is God when Evil Strikes?”
* St. Lawrence Church, 1000 N. Greece Road, will hold a Remembrance Day Prayer Service on Sept. 11 at 1:15 p.m., including a presentation to the parents of slain New York State Trooper Andrew J. Sperr.
* At 9:15 a.m. Sept. 11 St. Agnes School, 60 Park Place, Avon, will host a community service in the park across from the school.