Many area faith communities will participate in Way of the Cross walks through area streets April 6 to mark Good Friday. Here are several:
* The fourth-annual Ecumenical Good Friday Stations Walk of the Cross for Mercy and Justice through the Upper Falls neighborhood begins at 8:45 a.m. with prayer in Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, 304 Joseph Ave., and then the 1½ mile walk begins at 9 am. The event is sponsored by the Greater Rochester Community of Churches — Faith In Action Network and the Episcopal and Catholic dioceses of Rochester. Bishop Matthew H. Clark will be among the clergy and dignitaries participating. For details, call 585-254-2570 or 585-271-7240, or visit www.faithinaction.org.
* The Good Friday Prayer Service and Stations of the Cross in Reparation for Abortion begins at 9 a.m. in the chapel at McQuaid Jesuit High School, 1800 S. Clinton Ave., Brighton. The service lasts about half an hour, and then the group will pray the Stations of the Cross and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy outside of a nearby abortion facility. The walk is sponsored by the Pro-Life Planning Committee. For details, call Bob or Amy Dorscheid at 585-732-8994.
* A walk sponsored by St. Joseph’s House, House of Mercy and Rochester Pax Christi will begin at 11 a.m. in front of Kodak’s State Street building in Rochester.
* A walk sponsored by the St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Parish Community will begin at noon at Annunciation Church, 1754 Norton St., Rochester.
* An ecumenical Way of the Cross sponsored by Fairport churches will begin at noon at the First Congregational UCC Church, 26 E. Church St. (opposite the Fairport Fire Department).
* A walk sponsored by the St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Parish Community will begin at 3 p.m. at St. Michael Church, 869 N. Clinton Ave., Rochester.