A historic 1893 bell that hung in the tower of the original St. Bernard’s Seminary on Lake Avenue in Rochester was blessed by Bishop Salvatore R. Matano Aug. 24 at St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry in Pittsford. The bell was recently refurbished and hung in a new location in the garden outside the chapel at the school. Bishop Matano blessed the bell following an opening Mass for St. Bernard’s new school year.
Copyright © 2022 Catholic Courier, Inc. All rights reserved. Linking is encouraged, but republishing or redistributing, including by framing or similar means, without the publisher's prior written permission is prohibited.