Men interested in serving the Catholic Church as a permanent deacon will have the chance to ask questions and learn more during several upcoming information sessions on the permanent diaconate. Deacons will be on hand to explain the program and application process. Wives also are encouraged to attend, and no reservations are required.
The following information sessions will be held:
* Sunday, April 20, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at Blessed Trinity-St. James Rectory, 503 Clark St., Waverly. For details, contact Deacon Gary DiLallo at 607-687-1068.
* Sunday, April 20, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at St. Matthew Church, 6591 Richmond Mills Road (Route 20A), Livonia. For details, contact Deacon Roger Loomis at 585-229-5007.
* Wednesday, April 23, at 7 p.m. at St. Monica Rectory, 34 Monica St., Rochester. There will be an interpreter present for those from the deaf community. For details, contact Deacon Bob Burke at 585-235-3340, ext. 120.
* Sunday, April 27, at 1 p.m. at Kennedy House, next to Sacred Heart of Jesus Church, Chapel Street, Perkinsville.
* Sunday, April 27, at 2 p.m. at St. Michael’s Parish Hall, corner of Phelps and Holley streets, Lyons. For details, contact Deacon Greg Kiley at 315-923-7440.
* Thursday, May 1, at 7 p.m. at Our Lady of Perpetual help Church, 1089 Joseph Ave., Rochester. For details, contact Deacon Dan Hurley at 585-467-2725.