EDITOR’S NOTE: The Catholic Courier will add to this list of lenten parish retreats and soup suppers as information becomes available. To be included in the list, send information to calendar@CatholicCourier.com.
Holy Family Church – 85 North Street: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. on March 3. Presenter will be Pat Lawlor, Mercy Spirituality Center. There will be a light lunch of soup and bread. There is no cost for the program. If you are interested in attedning, please contact the parish office at 315-252-9576.
- St. Patrick Church – 2576 E. Mechanic Street, Cato: 6 p.m. soup supper on Friday Feb. 23, followed by stations at 7 p.m.
- St. John Church – 36 Rochester Street, Port Byron: 6 p.m. soup supper on Friday March 9, followed by stations at 7 p.m.
- St. Joseph Church – 8831 South Seneca Street, Weedsport: 6 p.m. soup supper on Friday March 23, followed by stations at 7 p.m.
- St. Helen Church – 310 Hinchey Road, Gates: Feb. 22 at 4:30 p.m. presentation, 5:30 p.m. soup supper, 6:30 p.m. repeat presentation. Presenter: Librada Paz.
- Holy Ghost – 250 Coldwater Road, Gates: March 1 at 4:30 p.m. presentation; 5:30 p.m. soup supper; 6:30 p.m. repeat presentation. Presenter: Jim Morris, Vice President of Family Services at Catholic Family Center.
- St. Pius Tenth – 3010 Chili Avenue, Chili: March 8 at 4:30 p.m. presentation; 5:30 p.m. soup supper; 6:30 p.m. repeat presentation. Presenter: Wayne Howard, Co-Chair of Sierra Club Great Lakes Committee
- St. Theodore Church – 168 Spencerport Road, Gates: March 15 at 4:30 p.m. presentation; 5:30 p.m. soup supper; 6:30 p.m. repeat presentation. The film: “Before the Flood” to be shown.
- Holy Cross Church – 4492 Lake Avenue: Soup supper will follow the 5:20 p.m. Mass March 2. Stations of the Cross led by the teens at 7:30 p.m. Donations to the soup supper will benefit the Make a Wish Foundation.
Immaculate Heart of Mary – 115 East High Street : Lenten Mission entitled Bread of Life will be presented March 4-6 from 6:30-8 p.m. each night.
- St. Jerome Church – 207 Garfield Street: Father Jim Hewes will present Lenten Reflections: Preparing Our Hearts This Lent for the Lord’s Dying and Rising” March 19 and 20 at 11 a.m. His presentation will be repeated at 7 p.m.
- Soup and Bread Supper – March 23 from 5 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. Tickets available after Masses or by calling the parish office at 586-3231. Free will offering. All proceeds to benefit Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl. Stations of the cross to follow at 7 p.m.
- Guardian Angels Church – 2061 E Henrietta Rd, Henrietta: Feb. 26 at 7 p.m. Presenter is Fr. Michael Costik, priest administrator at St. Benedict Parish in Canandaigua.
- St. Mary of the Assumption – 99 Main Street, Scottsville : Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. Presenter is Fr. Michael Costik, priest administrator at St. Benedict Parish in Canandaigua.
- St. Christopher Church – 3350 Union Street, North Chili : Feb. 28 at 7 p.m. (Lenten Reconcilation Service)
- St. Patrick Church – 51 Grove Street : Sunday March 18-Wednesday March 21. Father Mark McDonald, M.S.C, who has served as Superior General of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, will be the presenter. Each evening of the retreat, a soup supper will be offered in the church hall followed by the retreat presentations.
- Sacred Heart Church – 11119 Chapel Street: 6 p.m. on Thursday Feb. 22. Find out about the history of The Stations of the Cross as well as some interesting ways to have a meaningful Lent. Bring your favorite soup or bread to share. Contact Connie at the church office at 585-728-2228 if you plan on coming and bringing soup.
- St. Anne Church – 1600 Mount Hope Avenue: Feb. 21-March 21 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Come hear various faith leaders from different communities and organizations and share a simple soup supper.
- Feb. 21-Rabbi Peter Stein, Temple B’rith Kodesh
- Feb 28 – Mr. Abu Saeed, Islamic Center of Rochester
- Mar 7 – Mr. Brett Walsh, Monroe Community Hospital
Mar 14 – Ms. Lisa Ireland, Mary Cariola Center
Mar21- Rev. Barbara Bushart & Rev. Doug Cullum, Community of the Savior Free Methodist Church
- St. Boniface Church – 330 Gregory Street: Sunday-Tuesday March 11-13. Presenter: Dr. Ella Johnson, professor at St. Bernard’s School of Technology and Ministry
- March 11 at 2:30 p.m.
- March 12-13 at 1:30 p.m. and repeated at 6:30 p.m.
- Community meals will be available all three days for retreat attendees. Meal will follow the retreat on Sunday. On Monday and Tuesday, the meal will occur only before the evening season
- St. Monica Church – 831 Genesee Street: Sunday-Monday Feb. 18-Feb. 19 at 7 p.m. Presenter: Dr. Barbara Moore, RSM.
- St. John the Evangelist – 55 Martha Street : 5:30 p.m. at Thursdays Feb. 15-March 22. Fr. Peter Mottola will offer a short presentation on the liturgy and worship as presented in the documents of the Second Vatican Council. Please email email@example.com or call the parish office to register.