Here’s a simple recipe for making your own Lenten Pretzels. Recipe from Daniellebean.com)
1 tablespoon honey or sugar
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
1 envelope active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 egg beaten
1. Add the honey to the water.
2. Then sprinkle in the yeast and stir until dissolved.
3. Add one teaspoon salt.
4. Blend in the four and knead the dough till smooth.
5. Cut the dough into pieces. Roll them into ropes and twist into pretzel shapes. Place the pretzels on lightly greased cookie sheets and brush them with the beaten egg and sprinkle with salt.
6. Bake at 425 degrees fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.