Numerous Catholic parishes and hospitals host grief/bereavement groups. Among them are:
* St. Rita, Webster: Third Thursday of each month, 7:30 p.m. (Dec. 16 meeting is at St. Paul, Webster). Call Bev Geier, 585-872-2933.
* St. James Mercy Hospital, Hornell: Second Wednesdays, 1 p.m., McAuley Manor Chapel; and second and fourth Mondays, 7 p.m., hospital chapel. Call Laura Vetter, 607-324-8147.
* St. Mary Church, Dansville: Mondays (weekly), 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Call 585-728-2228.
* St. Mary Our Mother School, Horseheads (Wounded Healers): Second Tuesdays, 7:30 p.m. (next meeting is Dec. 8). Call 607-796-2795, visit www.woundedhealers.com or e-mail email@example.com.
* Christ the Redeemer Parish, Elmira: First Mondays, 2 p.m. (1012 Davis St.). Call Bill Irwin, 607-732-2918.
* Sacred Heart Cathedral, Rochester: Second and fourth Sundays, 10:30 a.m to noon. Call 585-254-3221.
* St. Mary of the Lake Church, Ontario: Second and fourth Thursdays, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Call 315-524-2611.
* St. Mary Church, Waterloo: Second and fourth Mondays, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Call 315-539-2944.
* Holy Cross Church, Rochester (Charlotte): Fourth Tuesdays, 7 p.m. Call 585-851-1193.
In addition, there are two Rochester-area groups for particular bereavement circumstances: The Compassionate Friends, for families grieving the death of a child (call 585-346-2441 or visit tcfrochester.org); and KATS (Kids Adjusting Through Support), which assists children who are grieving (call 1-800-785-2135).
Call ahead to verify meeting dates, times and locations. To locate a group in your area not listed here, contact your parish.