The Diocese of Rochester has announced a number of changes in parish administration and priestly service. Assignments that recently took effect in Southern Tier parishes are:
* Father Stephen Karani, parochial administrator in the Holy Family Catholic Community of northern Steuben and southern Livingston counties. He succeeds Father Michael Schramel, who left after two years as pastor to become administrator of St. Jude the Apostle Parish in Rochester. Father Karani had been parochial vicar at Holy Family since 2003. A Kenyan priest, he was incardinated into the Rochester Diocese earlier this year.
* Father Michael Twardzik, parochial vicar for Holy Family Catholic Community. He is a priest of the Diocese of Springfield, Mass.
* Father Jeremiah Moynihan, parochial administrator of the new cluster combining Elmira’s Our Lady of Lourdes — where he has been pastor since 1998 — with the pre-existing cluster of St. Casimir/St. Charles Borromeo, Elmira. St. Casimir/St. Charles had been administered since 2002 by Father Eugene Dobosz, an extern priest from Poland, who has been reassigned as pastor of St. Francis of Assisi and St. Hyacinth parishes in Auburn.
* Father Walter Wainwright, pastor of the new cluster involving Elmira’s St. Anthony/St. Patrick — where he has been pastor since 2000 — and Ss. Peter and Paul. He had been temporary administrator of Ss. Peter and Paul since early 2005.
* Father Thomas O’Brien, SJ, parochial vicar of Elmira’s Our Lady of Lourdes/St. Casimir/St. Charles Borromeo and St. Anthony/St. Patrick/Ss. Peter and Paul.
* Father Peter Anglaaere, sacramental minister of St. Mary, Bath, and St. Gabriel, Hammondsport, along with priestly duties as needed at St. Catherine, Addison; St. Stanislaus, Bradford; and St. Joseph, Campbell. An extern priest from Ghana, Father Anglaaere had previously served several parishes in Tompkins County.
* Deacon Dean Condon, pastoral administrator of All Saints Parish in Corning/Painted Post. He succeeds Sister Joan Cawley, SSJ, who had served in that role since 2000.
* Maureen O’Neill, pastoral administrator at St. Gabriel Parish, Hammondsport. She succeeds Sister Anne Michelle McGill, SSJ, who had held that position the previous 12 years and was the diocese’s first pastoral administrator.
* Father John Tokas, OFM Cap, pastor of St. James, Trumansburg. He will come from White Plains, N.Y., to replace Father Eugene O’Hara, OFM Cap, who has been reassigned to Florida. This appointment will take effect Aug. 31.