Given the ongoing state restrictions on building capacity and large-gathering sizes due to the coronavirus pandemic, parishes across the Diocese of Rochester have been forced to cancel their summer festivals. Here is a list of the cancelled festivals that were originally scheduled to take place in August and September 2020.
- St. Francis-St. Clare Festival, Waterloo/Seneca Falls (originally scheduled for July 30-31 and Aug. 1; raffle being held in its place)
- St. Benedict Lawn Sale at St. Mary Church, Canandaigua (originally scheduled for Aug. 13-14)
- St. Benedict Summer Festival at St. Mary Church, Canandaigua (originally scheduled for Aug. 22-24)
- Ithaca Peace Festival (originally scheduled for Sept. 18-20)
- St. Patrick Fall Festival, Owego (originally scheduled for September)
- Parish of the Most Holy Name of Jesus, Elmira (originally scheduled for late August)
EDITOR’S NOTE: This list will be updated as the Catholic Courier becomes aware of additional cancellations.