The Diocese of Rochester has announced a new pastoral appointment as well as the members of its Personnel Board and Presbyteral Council.
Bishop Salvatore R. Matano made the following appointment, which will take effect Sept. 30, 2020:
- Father Sriram Kumar Sadhanala, HGN, to parochial vicar, St. Joseph and Holy Spirit, Penfield, from parochial vicar, Church of the Assumption and Church of the Resurrection, Fairport.
The diocese also announced the members of the Personnel Board for 2020-21. They are:
- Bishop Matano
- Father Paul J. Tomasso
- Father Peter C. Clifford
- Father Anthony P. Mugavero
- Father Michael R. Brown
- Father Michael G. Fowler
- Sister Sheila Stevenson, RSM
The members of the 2020-21 Presbyteral Council — a priestly advisory group for Bishop Matano — also were announced.
A required structure under church law, a diocesan presbyteral council meets regularly during the year and assists the bishop in the pastoral care of a diocese.
Father Tomasso — diocesan vicar general, priest personnel director and a member of the council — said that according to its constitution, the Presbyteral Council serves to: search for ways and means of promoting the pastoral welfare of the people of God entrusted to the bishop in collaboration with the members of the presbyterate; promote greater communication, cooperation and collaboration between the bishop, priests, and diocesan offices and agencies of the diocese; and foster the bond of fraternity among priests, and promote a consciousness of their unity with the bishop.
Items from past Presbyteral Council agendas include Catholic schools; improving use of technology in parishes and faith formation; vocations; the Catholic Ministries Appeal; the relegation of particular churches; and finance and human resource policies as they pertain to parishes, Father Tomasso said.
Bishop Matano is president of the Presbyteral Council. Other council members for 2020-21 are:
- Father Patrick L. Connor, South Deanery (also a dean)
- Father Timothy E. Horan, Monroe East Deanery
- Father Stanley G. Kacprzak, West Deanery
- Father Peter B. Mottola, Monroe West Deanery
- Father John A. Firpo, Monroe Central Deanery
- Father Jeffrey R. Galens, non-incardinated secular priests
- Father Philip G. Judge, SJ, religious order
- Father Thomas P. Mull, Central Deanery
- Father Daniel Ruiz, East Deanery
- Father R. Richard Brickler, senior priest nomination and appointment
Members who continue their service as consultors are:
- Father William G. Coffas (also a dean)
- Father Paul Gitau
- Father William B. Leone
- Father Frank E. Lioi (also a dean)
- Father Daniel E. White
Serving in ex officio roles are:
- Father Daniel J. Condon, diocesan chancellor
- Father George P. Heyman, chair, convocation committee
- Father Tomasso