This is the recipe for S Cookies. The recipe is from Mariola’s Italian Kitchen.
1 stick of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 tsp of almond extract
4 cups of flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 cup of powdered sugar
2 teaspoons of milk
Directions for Cookies:
1. Cream the butter, eggs, sugar, zest and extract together
2. Add in the flour and baking powder and mix until combined. The dough should not be sticky, add more flour if it’s sticky.
3. Shape small S’s with your hands. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Directions for Icing
1. In a separate bowl, add 1 cup of powdered sugar, two teaspoons of milk and mix until creamy. You can add a few drops of almond extract if you want them more flavorful.
2. When the cookie is cool, brush on the icing and add sprinkles if you wish.