To the editor:
Enlighten us on some facts (or non-facts) stated in Joanne Leahy’s letter in the May Courier:
1. To whom did "Our Lady of America" make the statement: "Dear children…etc."?
2. What are Our Lady’s exact words? Did she use the words" "nuclear warfare"?
3. When (date) were the words spoken?
4. Where were the words spoken?
5. Where, when, and by whom did the title: "Our Lady of America" come into being?
EDITOR’S NOTE: Scant information is available from official church sources. According to a 2007 report by Archbishop Raymond Burke (available on the EWTN Web site), "The devotion to Our Lady of America has its source in private revelation to Sister Mary Ephrem … Neuzil," a member of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Most Precious Blood of Jesus. The report notes that the contents of messages received over many years were published in booklet form in 1960 and 1971 under the imprimatur of then-Cincinnati Archbishop Paul F. Leibold, and again in 1989. The title is distinguished from that of Our Lady of the Americas, which unofficial sources indicate arose from private revelation to a Phoenix woman during the late 1980s and is related to Our Lady of Guadalupe.