Several spiritual programs are available this fall at Elmira parishes. They include:
* "Catholic Church History, A Fascinating Story!" — This six-week DVD series begins Sept. 12, running every Monday and Thursday from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Our Lady of Lourdes church hall. The series is presented by SUNY Geneseo history professor Dr. William Cook, with Robert Ryniker serving as host. Call 607-732-3150 to reserve a spot.
* "What Does ‘The Season of Surrender’ Have to Teach Us?" — Sept. 22 at 6:30 p.m. Lisa Rustici will explore some ways that we can learn from and pray about the changes that take place in nature in autumn. Meet at the labyrinth at Our Lady of Lourdes Church (inside the church in case of inclement weather.)
* "Beginning a Journey of Forgiveness and Spiritual Freedom" — Sept. 30, 6:30 to 9 p.m., and Oct. 1, 9 to 11:30 a.m., at the Blessed Sacrament parish center. Sister Marilyn Karas, RSM, will share insights into Jesus’ legacy of love, forgiveness and peace.
* "Love is Patient …" — Oct. 15, 10 a.m. to noon, Our Lady of Lourdes church hall with a follow-up session at the same location Oct. 29, 11 a.m. to noon. This program on patience is the first session in a series to be offered by Barbara Skidmore, a licensed mental-health counselor. Call 607-734-0727 to register.
* "Ask Father" — Oct. 23, 2 p.m., Our Lady of Lourdes church hall. Father Scott Kubinski, pastor of Christ the Redeemer Parish, will conduct an informal open forum question-and-answer session.
* "Finding God in All Things" — Nov. 6, 2 p.m., repeated Nov. 8, 7 p.m., Our Lady of Lourdes church hall. Rosalie Kraji is offering a "how-to" on searching for and finding God in every circumstance of life.
* "Who Is the ‘Peace Pilgrim’ and What Can She Teach Us?" — Nov. 20, 2 p.m., Our Lady of Lourdes church hall. The afternoon consists of talks, prayer and meditation, ending with dinner. Free-will offering. Call 607-734-0727 to register.