St. Mary Our Mother Parish in Horseheads is celebrating two milestones: the 25th anniversary of its current church building, and the 45th anniversary of its parish school.
Celebration events were due to take place at all weekend Masses Nov. 13-14, with a reception following the 10:30 a.m. Sunday liturgy.
St. Mary Our Mother was founded in 1865, and was originally located in the Horseheads village center. A parish school was added in 1959 at 811 Westlake St., and a chapel that was added to the school in 1964 became the parish church for the next 15 years.
The new church, with its beautiful circular structure, was dedicated Nov. 10, 1979. Connected to the parish school, St. Mary Our Mother Church is located near the busy intersection of routes 14 and 17. The parish pastor is Father Christopher Linsler, and the school principal is Marilyn Zinn.