Students at Brighton’s Our Lady of Mercy High School received the following honors during spring 2004:
* Juniors Emily Harper and Virginia LaRocca will have their artwork displayed at the Rock Paper Glass exhibit at the Center at High Falls Art Gallery through July 7.
* Freshman Claire Mongeau is the winner of the 2004 Susan B. Anthony Essay contest.
* Seniors Brenna Cammeron and Christen Steinkamp were inducted into the Henrietta Youth Hall of Fame.
* Junior Tara Zempel was named the 2004 Youth Volunteer of the Year by the Southeast Family YMCA.
* Seventh-grader Ayana Arnold was chosen to participate in the Science and Technology Program at Monroe Community College.
* Several Mercy students placed in the top 10 in the National French contest sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of French. In Level 2A, Ellen Ellison placed fourth, Emily Lambert was fifth and Claire Mongeau secured seventh place. In Level 5A, Keely Bielat ranked sixth and Nicolette Nicolosi placed eighth.
* Senior Diana Drake was awarded the New York Lottery 2004 Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship.
* Freshman Claire Mongeau won first place in the Senior High Division in the Penfield Public Library’s 27th Annual Poetry Contest.
* Five Mercy students won awards in the New York State Dental Association Poster Contest. High School winners included Sarah Bader in first place, Mallory Howe in second and Allison Kepler in third place. In the Middle School division, Amy Daub received second-place honors, and third place went to Kimberly Olfano.
* Freshman Emily Lambert won the Donate Life poster contest sponsored by the Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network and the Rochester Eye & Tissue Bank. Emily’s poster will be displayed throughout the community. Honorable mention went to freshman Kathryn Haa.