Coloring Contest Details:
For children ages 3-to-6
The Catholic Courier is holding a coloring contest for children ages 3 to 6. There will be two age categories 3-4 and 5-6 year olds. We are asking children to do their best coloring of the provided image and then send us a picture of their finished work. We will then invite visitors to the Courier website to vote on the best colored photo in each age category. The two young artists (one in each age category) receiving the most votes will win prizes. All photos will be shown in a gallery in our Advent Calendar.
Contest officially begins November 1, 2017
- Print and color the Shepherd scene (Click here to print image)
- Color the scene, then take a photo of your colored picture and email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
(In your email, include your full name, what parish you belong to and your age.)
- The deadline to email your picture is November 30, 2017 (Photos will NOT be accepted after November 30!)
NOTE: PHOTOS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY U.S.MAIL! EMAIL ONLY!
- Starting December 1, visit the Catholic Courier’s website (www.CatholicCourier.com) to vote for the best colored image.
- Visitors may vote as often as they wish, but no more than once per day during the contest term.
- The last day to vote for your favorite artwork is December 15, 2017
- The winners will be announced on December 18, 2017
Photography Contest Details: “Be a Courier Junior Photographer”
For children ages 7-12 and teens 13-18
The Catholic Courier is holding a photography contest for children ages 7 to 12 and teens 13-18. There will be four age categories based on grade: 2nd-3rd grade, 4th-5th grade, 6th-8th grade and 9th-12th grade.
We are asking children and teens to use digital cameras, smartphones, iPads or other tablets (any device with a camera that they have or can borrow from an adult) to take a photo of an Advent or Christmas scene. The photo can be decorations in church (like an Advent wreath, poinsettia plants or pretty nativity/cr√®che display), decorations in the community (Christmas lights, Christmas trees, etc.) from a Christmas event (Christmas concert, tree lighting ceremony, Lessons & Carols, etc.) or other subject that reflects the true meaning of Christmas. The only restriction is that submitted photos cannot include Santa Claus, elves, snowmen or any other secular holiday trappings.
Submitted photos should be emailed to Newsroom@CatholicCourier.com by the Dec. 15 deadline and then the Courier photography staff will pick their favorite photos (at least one in each age category) to win a prize. All photos will be shown in photo galleries in our Advent Calendar and on our website. Some photos also may be featured in our January interactive digital issue.
Contest officially begins December 1, 2017
1. Use a camera to take a photo of an Advent or Christmas scene. (It must be a NEW photo taken this year and the child or teen must be the one to take the photo!)
2. Then email the photo to email@example.com
(Along with your photo, the email should include your full name, what parish you belong to and your age. Also include any necessary details about the photos—where it was taken, who is in your photo, etc.)
3. The deadline to email pictures is December 15, 2017 (Prints will NOT be accepted by U.S. mail!)
4. The winners will be announced on December 18, 2017.