Several summer dates have been scheduled for Theology on Tap, a discussion and reflection series for Catholic young adults and their friends in their 20s and 30s.
Upcoming sessions, all beginning at 7 p.m., are:
- June 30 — "Who’s in Hell?: What Catholics Believe." Speaker: Barb Swiecki, pastoral administrator, Rush-Henrietta Catholic Community. Location: Johnny’s Irish Pub, 1382 Culver Road, Rochester.
- July 5 — "Catholic and Married: Is Marriage Still ‘Relevant?’" Speakers: Tina and Patrick McAuliffe. Location: Elmwood Inn, 1256 Mount Hope Ave., Rochester.
- July 11 — "Coming Soon to a Mass Near You! Welcoming the New Roman Missal." Speaker: Father Robert Kennedy, pastor, Blessed Sacrament/St. Boniface parishes. Location: Johnny’s Irish Pub, 1382 Culver Road, Rochester.
- July 19 — "Saying Yes: A Witness on the Path to Priesthood." Speaker: Michael Costik, seminarian for the Diocese of Rochester. Location: Johnny’s Irish Pub, 1382 Culver Road, Rochester.
- July 25 — "Faith and Reason: The Catholic Experience on Campus." Speaker: Dr. James Zavislan, associate professor of optics, University of Rochester. Location: Elmwood Inn, 1256 Mount Hope Ave., Rochester.
- Aug. 8 — "Catholics, Divorce and Annulments." Speaker: Father Lou Sirianni, pastor, St. Mark Parish, Greece. Location: One Restaurant and Lounge, 1 Ryan Alley, Rochester.
Theology on Tap is sponsored by the Diocese of Rochester, the Rush-Henrietta Catholic Community, Blessed Sacrament/St. Boniface, St. Mark, the University of Rochester Newman Community and the diocesan Office of Vocations. Theology on Tap is a copyrighted program of Renew International.
For details on these events, call 585-328-3228, ext. 1218.