Including the Catholic Courier in your media mix is a wise investment. No other newspaper – of any kind – reaches as many paid subscribers in as wide an area of west-central New York!
Each print issue of the Catholic Courier reaches approximately 200,000 readers in nearly 100,000 households throughout greater Rochester, the Finger Lakes and Southern Tier regions of New York – an area encompassing 12 counties and 7,100 square miles. And the Courier's various digital properties reach an even wider audience!
The Catholic Courier is a highly effective, cost-efficient advertising medium, especially when you compare the cost of reaching 1,000 Courier subscribers to the cost of reaching the same number via other media. Advertising in the Courier can cost as little as 55 cents per column inch for every 1,000 households reached!
Trust the Catholic Courier... our readers do!
In every readership survey conducted during the last decade, our readers said they had more faith in businesses that advertise in the Catholic Courier than they do in those that advertise elsewhere.
Preliminary results from the ongoing 2021 reader study show that:
- More than 60% of respondents say they specifically read the ads in the Catholic Courier.
- 48% place greater confidence in businesses that advertise in the Catholic Courier than those that advertise in other media.
- One-third say ads they read in the Courier directly influence which businesses they patronize.
- Moren 85% say they appreciate advertisers' support of the Catholic Courier.
That's the kind of impact money just can't buy! And it's directly related to readers' high levels of satisfaction with the quality of Catholic Courier content. The ongoing survey shows:
- More than 76% of survey respondents turn to the Catholic Courier — before their parish bulletins or any other medium — for information about the Catholic Church and the Diocese of Rochester.
- 68% of respondents say the Catholic Courier provides information they cannot get from other sources.
- Over 76% describe the Catholic Courier as an important resource in our community.
In these days of so-called "fake news" and "alternative facts," few media are held in such high public esteem!
Shelf Life & Impact
Our readers spend a lot of time reading our various editions!
- 73% spend 20 minutes or more reading Catholic Courier content each month on our various platforms. The average time spent is 30 minutes per month.
- 67% keep the printed Catholic Courier in their homes for at least a week, and most respondents retain the paper for 10 days.
More than two-thirds of those who use the Courier website say they are satisfied or very satisfied with it.
Readers of our three weekly e-Newsletters — each reaching 8,000 to 10,000 subscribers — expressed even greater satisfaction, with nearly 82 percent describing themselves as satisfied or very satisfied.
So why should you advertise in the Catholic Courier?
Catholic Courier readers represent all of today's most desireable segments, with an average reader age of 59 years.
And as other media cut staff and quality to maintain profits in this challenging economic environment, the Catholic Courier remains stable and well-respected, successfully operating and even expanding on all major platforms. Despite sharply downward trends for other media, Courier subscription levels, shelf life and time spent reading have remained remarkably constant over the past decade.
Discover how we can help your organization achieve its objectives by contacting the Courier's advertising department today. We can be reached at 585-529-9530 or 1-800-600-3628 (outside the Rochester calling area), by email, or by requesting a media kit. We'll get back to you right away with a plan to effectively promote your organization.
Information presented above summarizes the results of recent readership studies. Complete readership information is available from the advertising department.